How Meditation Affects the Brain

Research on metaphysical practices has shown mixed results, from the rise and fall of prayer circles to the sudden loss of telepathic skills inside controlled environments. Exploring meditation's effects on human minds has yielded surprise as well.

"...my boyfriend, who had practiced mindfulness meditation for almost four years... had taken his own life last January, and so I wondered if mindfulness meditation was really for everyone...

Later, the woman sitting next to me handed me a folded piece of paper and said to me, “This isn’t from me; it’s from another women who just left.” On the front it read, “To a writer who will write a book I will read.” I opened the note from this mystery woman and read, “I came tonight thinking I would take my life. I won’t now because of you. Thank you.” [Amanda Coggin]

Business Consulting & Coaching

For entrepreneurs ready to take their San Francisco Bay Area business to the next level.